> what to wear
The million dollar question and the cause of so much anguish for moms!
One of Jennifer's client's shared something very interesting: "Jennifer, I was so stressed about what we were going to wear, so I started looking through your blogs for ideas to see what I liked. While I was looking I kept being drawn in by the expressions and the interaction between the people. I kept forgetting to look at the clothes!"
That being said, Jennifer would like to help clients ease their anxiety with these tips:
- Think monochromatic with an accent pop. Cream or black is timeless and beautiful.
- Lay out everyone's outfits next to one another to see if they compliment.
- Avoid: overly tight/baggy, horizontal stripes, clothes with big print/wrinkles/dog hair.
- Jennifer will shoot for details so be aware of trimmed facial hair and chipped nail polish.
- Considering a hair cut before your session? Do so 1-2 weeks BEFORE your session, not the day before.
- Please bring favorite items/hobbies to be incorporated into the session... stuffed animals, tutus, cowboy hats, super hero capes...
- Your clothes should reflect your style and compliment without being overly matchy. Kohl's & LL Bean catalogs will show this done really well.
- Jennifer has found women's figures are more flattred in dresses, skirts, or pants OVER shorts or capri pants.